Network Drops

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Aperture, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hi Everyone. Over the last week or so I've been experiencing intermittent connection loss over my wireless network. Because I always have to make a diagram, here is a picture of my network setup. :)

[​IMG]

I haven't experienced any problems on the Dell that is hardwired to the router so far, so I believe it is just a wireless problem. One thing I do know, however is all three wireless computers worked fine for months only to this past week. The connection dropping peaks at random times (peaking being every 2-3 minutes or so) and usually is around 10-20 minutes between drop outs. I've talked to Netgear and they told me to change some settings like MTU size, etc etc and upgrade the firmware. None of which helped. Also, I called my ISP, Comcast, and they pulled the connection history from my modem and have verified it indeed the router. Is my router dying? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Have you tried to change wireless channels on the netgear. Sounds to me like you are getting interference or something like that. I would download a wireless sniffer to see if something is interfering with your wireless

3. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Could you reccomend a good wireless sniffer? I tried Kismac but just couldn't get it to work. Thanks for the reply, btw.

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Netstubbler is the one I use (pc only)

Try this one for mac http://www.macstumbler.com/

5. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

I'm just not having luck today. As soon as I launch that it crashes and asks me to report it. :rolleyes: Thanks for your help, though.

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Try your pc for netstummbler