Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UWF404

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
I have small home network and attach to shared drives on WinXP and OSX. Is there a way to setup my shared drives so they automatically connect and display the desktop icon ?? It seems I have to re-attach everytime on reboot.

I know on a WinXP machine one can map to a shared drive in file explorer and it will always connect. How is this done on OSX?

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
UWF404 said:
I have small home network and attach to shared drives on WinXP and OSX. Is there a way to setup my shared drives so they automatically connect and display the desktop icon ?? It seems I have to re-attach everytime on reboot.

I know on a WinXP machine one can map to a shared drive in file explorer and it will always connect. How is this done on OSX?
Well if you want to you can just make a program as i did and run it at login and also have it in the dock so you can just click it and boom there are the windows shares, if you want i could create one for you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.