Network folders how many?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rhett7660, Feb 27, 2008.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Hello..

I have three windows machines that I am connecting to (one I am pulling info off and then it is going to see the salvage yard). Here is my question:

Under the sharing heading I can see two of the machines I want to connect to. Machine 1 and 2. But I can't see Machine 3. If I turn off Machine 1 I can then see Machine 2 and 3. If I start up VMware I can only see the vm machine and say machine 2. Does this make sense. My Mac is only allowing me to see two at a time. Is there a way to see more? If so, what do I do in order for this to happen?

Thanks

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

You should be able to see more than one. This sounds like a network problem rather than an OS problem. Can you give so more info about your setup?

3. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Are you sure you're not getting IP conflicts or name conflicts?

4. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Setup:

Windows XP Network name: Studio-1
    Windows Vista Network name: Studio-2
    Windows 2000 handling the dhcp Network name: StudioServer

All with their own ip address, no conflicts that way. If there was a conflict in ip address wouldn't I see under windows not just OS X? In fact I would get an error when I logged on stating the ip addrees is already being used on the network.

Mac Pro OS X Name: Studio-3

Router: linksys 8 port

On the xp, vista, 2000 I can see all of the folders fine. But under the Mac I can only see two at time.