Network help?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrberg, Aug 16, 2007.

1. mrberg macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm having problems with my internet connection/wifi connects. I have a linksys wifi router, and at&t dsl. The reason I post here is that my pc laptot connects without a problem to the wifi and the internet. Meanwhile, my G4 powerbook connects to the wifi, but can only access gmail, my sisters blog, nytimes and facebook. I'm guessing that these sites were cached or something, but the connection fails when I go to any other site. When my friend brought over their mac, they had same problem. Is this a problem with the router or my computer? Are there known problems with macs and connecting to certain routers? I'm guessing it is something stupid. Help me out.

2. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you're having problems with DNS forwarding.

You'll need to log-in to your router's web interface. Look for a router status link. This should tell you what eternal IP is, a couple other things, and what your DNS servers are.

Open up your network preference in system preferences. Get to the TCP/IP settings for airport tab. In the 3 line tall DNS server box enter the same numbers and dots with each IP having its own line. Hit apply. Pray it works.

3. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev