Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I am trying to figure out what I need to do to be able to install both OSX and Windows 7(on the bootcamp side) of my MacBookPro and iMac over the network. I have never done so and am interested in doing this because I am getting tired of returning a disk every time I lose it. I understand how to install Windows 7 over the network on a normal machine but not on the bootcamp partition of a Apple machine.

Edit: The server machine will be Windows

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
I am trying to figure out what I need to do to be able to install both OSX and Windows 7(on the bootcamp side) of my MacBookPro and iMac over the network. I have never done so and am interested in doing this because I am getting tired of returning a disk every time I lose it. I understand how to install Windows 7 over the network on a normal machine but not on the bootcamp partition of a Apple machine.

I'm pretty sure that you can't install Windows on the Bootcamp partition with any other means than an internal disc drive.

head honcho 123

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2008

maybeeeeeeeeeeee possible... but i have a feeling that it will be super duper complicated. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.