network issue? neither Airport Express AirTunes nor iPhone Remote working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by flat6, Sep 11, 2010.

1. flat6 macrumors regular

Hi, I can't get my Airport Express AirTunes or my iPhone Remote to work on my current setup. This is on a Macbook Air with latest software updates... OX 10.6.4, iTunes 10.0.

I have previously had both Airport Express and the iPhone Remote working on this computer, while I was living elsewhere about 2 years ago (different internet connection). At this current location, I can get the internet working fine over the Macbook Air's Airport connection (WPA2 Personal security), but not those 2 other things.

The issues are similar
    - the iPhone Remote is not being detected by iTunes as a device (I get to the passcode menu on the iPhone, but nothing is detected in iTunes)
    - the AirTunes-connected speakers are not being detected by iTunes (I can setup Airport Express seemingly fine, plug in the speakers, but nothing is detected in iTunes)

So I'm guessing there's some conflict between my laptop/iTunes and the wireless network settings? Any ideas? Thank you :apple:

2. flat6 thread starter macrumors regular

Bit more information about my settings, the Firewall under System Preferences > Security is off. Also, I checked some network settings, seems to be alright...
    - IP Address 192.168.1.101 for iPhone
    - IP Address 192.168.1.102 for Macbook Air AirPort
    - both connected to same network name, via same router IP 192.168.1.1