Network issue on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Beatbeckham, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Beatbeckham macrumors regular

Hi guys.

I'm having an unjailbroken iPhone 4S, which is running the pre-installed iOS version --> 5.0.1. Recently I'm having some problems with my network.

Sometimes when I try to use my network (3G or wi-fi), nothing seems to be working. Safari/Twitter/Email/Streaming etc. It says I'm connected, but it doesnt work at all.

After I reset my iPhone (DFU mode), it works fine again.

But this problem seems to be occuring very often, suddenly. At least once a day.

Any help, please.

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You reset each time? Have you just tried rebooting it?

Or maybe a full set up as new?

3. Beatbeckham thread starter macrumors regular

Yet. I've rebooted a several times as well, but I have not tried a restore yet. Backing up to iCloud is safe right? :p

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

If you did a DFU, you'd have had to restore. So, I'm assuming you just meant a hard reboot holding home and power?

And a restore from backup is likely not going to get rid of the problem if there's something corrupted causing it. You need to restore and set up as new.

5. Beatbeckham thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry. Yes I did a normal reboot (power off, power on) and a hard reboot. What will happen if I set my device up as new. Can I still restore from back-up. I dont want to lose all informations and settings. Or shall I just call Apple? :p

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

No, a restore as new is exactly that, you'd lose settings and such. Any contacts and such store in the cloud would be returned, but not apps, data, settings and such. And Apple usually has you do it as part of troubleshooting, anyway.