iPad Network Issues After Jailbreak

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Is anyone having network issues after jailbreaking? I had to do a clean restore in order to jailbreak. I haven't had a need to use my LTE service until this morning and I am getting no connection. I really don't want to have to restore yet again when I get home from work. I've tried resetting the network settings, which did no good. Is anyone else having these problems?

(Edit) On my way home from work this afternoon, I decided to just Erase All Content and Settings. When I got home about 20 minutes later, it was still running and because I am impatient, I decided to kick it out of recovery mode while connected to my PC. Somehow when it rebooted, the network problems were gone. I had also tried to reset network settings while not connected earlier today which didn't work. Why did it work now? I shouldn't be questioning things, but I am.

Last edited:

Dav1

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
My guess is that when you did your restore, you elected to not setup as a new iPad? If that is the case then your data in the backup is the issue. Basically you have a corrupt backup, and after each clean restore you recorrupt your iPad when you restore your existing data....

I've learned over the years that if I do a restore and elect to set my devices up as new devices I almost never have issues with jail breaking. :D

BlueRaider

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
NEVER attempt to erase all content and settings on a jailbroken device. It doesn't work and can cause your device to end up stuck in an infinite recovery loop. Thats the reason nothing had happened after 20 minutes!