Network Log/Analysis

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aztecee, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Aztecee macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a network logging application similar to http://www.solarwinds.com/solutions...stem-log-analysis.aspx#singlesolutionFeatures .

My main goal, for this application, is to preform ping tests with a trace route that will log the activity in at least 24 hour increments. Thereby, allowing us to collect information about packet loss and latency experienced on our network. This information will be then passed onto our ISP to help troubleshoot ways to improve our service and prove it is not our office network causing the packet loss.

The Solarwinds suite, allows you to visually see, via a trace route what hop is causing the packet loss. It allows us to eliminate 'our network' as the root cause. Although Solarwinds will do everything we require, I'm not paying the $4000+ price tag that goes along with it.

Does anyone out there know of a less expensive solution to our networking dilemma? We just need something that is reasonably priced, and is able to create and share these network logs.

Thanks so much in advance for any insight.

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

3. Aztecee thread starter macrumors newbie

Cromulent,

Thanks a million for your suggestion. Been a long time since I've used my Unix skills. Works like a charm!

Amazingly quick response. Appreciate it.