Network lost message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tungstentim, Sep 8, 2011.

1. tungstentim macrumors regular

Dec 1, 2007
    I managed to go to Mexico on holiday, but since I going there I'm constantly getting the network lost message even when my phone is switching between 3G and 2G.

I'm home now and I'm getting it over 20 times a day when I move about. It wouldn't Be so bad but if you're writing an email or SMS it stops the keyboard working.

I've another iPhone for work that I took with me (on vodafone) and that isn't suffering at all.
    Is it worth a dfu restore to see if it can clear this message?

I've attached the message so that you can see it.

Attached Files:

2. iG0tB00ts macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2011
    Try this. Go to settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Setting. If this does not work, you can try a DFU restore.
  3. tungstentim thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 1, 2007
    Great, thanks for the reply. I'll try and let you know.
  4. tungstentim thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 1, 2007
    Unfortunately it didn't help. Next stop a dfu restore to see if that sorts the problem.
    Either that I'll have to move next to a cell tower and not move.
  5. mindyish macrumors member

Sep 3, 2011
    When I first altered my cellular network data to get mms mine started doing this a few times a day, I would lose service and then it would have to be rebooted after playing with the settings. I don't know what carrier you are on but what worked for me was resetting my cell data fields, turning 3g off (and leaving it off) toggling airplane mode, rebooting and I think putting it in airplane mode and back one more time. If I turn 3g on I lose service everytime. Oh, also see if your data roaming is on, if not, turn on, if it is, turn off. I have to keep mine on to get the mms messages. Either way that solved it for me hasnt done it since.