Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tungstentim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
I managed to go to Mexico on holiday, but since I going there I'm constantly getting the network lost message even when my phone is switching between 3G and 2G.

I'm home now and I'm getting it over 20 times a day when I move about. It wouldn't Be so bad but if you're writing an email or SMS it stops the keyboard working.

I've another iPhone for work that I took with me (on vodafone) and that isn't suffering at all.
Is it worth a dfu restore to see if it can clear this message?

I've attached the message so that you can see it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315473590.860671.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315473590.860671.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 152

iG0tB00ts

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
India
Try this. Go to settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Setting. If this does not work, you can try a DFU restore.

tungstentim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Unfortunately it didn't help. Next stop a dfu restore to see if that sorts the problem.
Either that I'll have to move next to a cell tower and not move.

mindyish

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2011
When I first altered my cellular network data to get mms mine started doing this a few times a day, I would lose service and then it would have to be rebooted after playing with the settings. I don't know what carrier you are on but what worked for me was resetting my cell data fields, turning 3g off (and leaving it off) toggling airplane mode, rebooting and I think putting it in airplane mode and back one more time. If I turn 3g on I lose service everytime. Oh, also see if your data roaming is on, if not, turn on, if it is, turn off. I have to keep mine on to get the mms messages. Either way that solved it for me hasnt done it since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.