Network monitored

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Phoebekisar, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Phoebekisar macrumors newbie

Hi all, I'm new to MacRumours, thought you may be able to answer a query I have, I live in a marina with shared Internet which a marina resident has kindly set up for us, but last time I saw him he was complaining about a user who had been on a website he didn't approve of, now I'm very worried as I often have to send work emails when I get home, the nature of which is highly confidential, I also often have to visit sites under construction as I work for a company that designs websites (I'm not in the technical team you probably gather!) but the sites are confidential until they go live well, they are live just buried in old sites - my question is this, can he see my emails? And can he see the links to my clients sites?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

He can probably monitor any traffic since he's in control, if he has the know-how.

If you want to keep using the connection he's providing and also want to shield yourself from any snooping, you should sign up for a VPN service such as the kind that iVPN.net provides. Check around for prices and features.