Network Original Setup

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BiggieBoreal, Dec 15, 2009.

1. BiggieBoreal macrumors newbie

Hello people,

I have a MacBook Pro with the newest Leopard. I have had it for 3 months working fine. Today for some reason my airport gets all the signal and I am conected to a thing called PC trying to figure out what happens. I have tried changing the proxy settings, moving them around. I don[t use a proxy because I have a router that assigns a new IP everytime I get connected. My airport shows all the signal and next to it it says "Self-Assigned IP". Location is set as automatic on the first menu, after, I proceed to go to Advance options. On the TCP/IP I have the following options set:
    Configure IPv4 Adress using DHCP
    I get the IPv4 Adress as well as the Subnet Mask
    The router space appears empty and shows like this, router: (blank)
    THe configure iPv6 is off

On the proxy part is where I think the problem is.
    It says configure proxies: Manually or Using a Pac file
    If I set it on manually I dont know which ones should I check and were set originally for my computer. I have tried several combinations but they havent worked. If I dont check any, it automatically t\switches to the Using Pac File.

DOes anyone know which one should I check or what the problem is? This morning it was working and it suddenly stopped when I came back from the office. When at the office I couldn[t get connected via cable. Please help me people, I cannot work much without internet. Thank you all for taking your time to read the post.

Pablo

2. BiggieBoreal thread starter macrumors newbie

I am going to a tech support now. Thank you for your help.