Network Preferences Unexpectedly Quits

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by steveeldonkerr, Nov 16, 2009.

1. steveeldonkerr macrumors newbie

Hi All,

apologies if this has been answered else-where but Ive looked and found no solutions. My problem is that I cannot access network preferences. I can access system preferences and turn my airport on/off via the toolbar, but I cannot actually open the network preferences without system preferences unexpectedly quitting. I have to access my universities VPN to read an e-book for an exam, so this is quite frustrating right now,

thanks in advance,
    Steve

2. steveeldonkerr thread starter macrumors newbie

hi sorry to be a nuisance but I cant find a way to fix this and i really need to...

3. ColeUK macrumors member

I have had a problem with my iMac connectiong to WiFI. I fixed it (although temporarily in my case). By updating the 'Software Update' to the current version 10.6.2 (Combo).

I would recommend updating your current software to the latest version, again if need be, but downloading the 10.6.2 'Combo' package. The combo will install and update to 10.6.2 and all the previous updates since Snow Leopards release (assuming you are using SL?) That way if it is a bug or corrupt file it should fix itself and kick the problem you are currently facing.

Please give us an update with how you get on!

4. steveeldonkerr thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply, ill try that later this evening and let you know how it goes.
    S

5. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Some apps in the Applications > Utilities folder don't work if they are moved from their original locations. Have you moved anything about?

6. steveeldonkerr thread starter macrumors newbie

@jolly jimmy, i dont remember moving anything about...definately not system preferences.

@coleuk, is there a 10.6.3 combo update out? or am i just being an idiot...?

thanks again guys,
    S

7. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

8. ColeUK macrumors member

I do mean 10.6.2!

Apologies, I do indeed mean the LATEST update 10.6.2 (combo) have editted post to reflect this.

Doh! :eek: