Network printer stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by tampasteve, Dec 4, 2013.

1. tampasteve macrumors 6502

I have a Mac Pro 1.1 running 10.7.5. Up until two days ago it would print to the work network printer fine. The printer is a Panasonic DPC322. It is on our Windows 2003 SMB network. I was using the generic driver as Panasonic apparently (so far as I found) does not have a driver for 10.7. All other PC's on the network can print to it, there have been no updates on the network that I am aware of.

Most of the time when I ask it to print it says that it is Ready, but it never prints. Sometimes it says that it is waiting for a job to complete, but there are no jobs in queue.

I have deleted and re-added the printer several times to see if it would work - but it continues to not work.

Any ideas?

2. tampasteve thread starter macrumors 6502

Update, if I add the printer through another server on the network (MS 2008) then it works....but only prints black and white now where it also did color before....

3. tampasteve thread starter macrumors 6502

So I ended up not ever being able to get the generic driver to print in color. However, after several hours of trial and error I found the website below that has a couple of packages to download that will enable a ton of printer drivers. Maybe this is common knowledge. There are drivers for Panasonic in there that have enabled me to use my printer again.

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/macosx/pxlmono