Network printing via p.c ???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Avzone, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Avzone macrumors 6502

Avzone

Please help, I have spent ages trying to get my printer working via my wireless network from my p.c running windows.
    I have followed set up from about.com and it seems all set up, but its not printing, I check the printer jobs and it seems its sending them as the jobs appear both on my mac and then on my p.c very briefly, but nothing prints.
    Printer is connected to my p.c and I can print from there.
    I must of done everything needed as the job is appearing on my pc and im getting a list of completed jobs at my mac end.
    Please advise as its driving me mad! :confused:

2. Avzone thread starter macrumors 6502

Avzone

>>>

Also aswell as the above it is not letting me make alterations my mac end to the shared folder as its asking for the administrator password which I have in my head, but its not allowing it. Can someone confirm what password this would be for the box below as at the mo I have just 'Guest' privileges!
    :confused:

Attached Files:

3. madog macrumors 65816

madog

That's asking you for the login information for the computer you are connecting to.

In order to connect to a PC properly, it must have a password as a blank one doesn't work properly when trying to connect from a Mac.

If the printer is set up on the Mac and you want to print from the PC, download Bonjour for Windows. It's available from Apple and allows printer sharing to Windows as it uses a slightly different protocol I believe than Mac OS X; of which Bonjour uses the same protocol and makes printer sharing much easier.

4. Avzone thread starter macrumors 6502

Avzone

Yeah, I am trying the only 2 passwords I have for this and its not changing from guest to 'Registered' User ???
    I have even looked up the password thats stored in keychain?

I know I am wirelessly connected as Ive tried adding a folder etc from my p.c (windows) end ?

Oh and its the other way round, the printer is set up on the p.c and I want to print from the mac.

5. Avzone thread starter macrumors 6502

Avzone

>>>

Ok, Ive installed that now and its doing the same, goes to print, my pc creaks and in the print task window on my pc it briefly comes up with 'remote downlevel document' that disappears and nothing... no printing!
    On my mac in the same sort of window it just adds another line of completion as you can see below...

Attached Files:

6. Avzone thread starter macrumors 6502

Avzone

>>>

Is there anyway of finding out the or changing the password it requires as I know what my log in is for my p.c (windows) and have tried that, but it wont except it ? Maybe this is the problem, even though the message is getting all the way to the print job status screen on my p.c, its just the printer part (which works direct from p.c and direct from mac via usb).:confused:

1 of you whizz kids must know ;)