Network printing with department code

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LastZion, Aug 23, 2010.

1. LastZion macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone, I am at a loss here.
    I have been trying to set up this printer: Toshiba e studio 2330C
    And I can get it to print fine from Windows (parallels) but I can't get it to print from the OS X side.

I think it has something to do with the fact that I don't get an option to enter my department code (5 digit number so admins can keep track of our printing).

We have no admins here (I'm the best we got) and I don't know what to try.

I have read this page:

https://businessservices.ucf.edu/Mac-Printing-Department-Code.pdf

But that didn't help (never had the printer mode option come up).

ANyone have any ideas?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If I read your post correctly, then you have not installed the MacOS X driver for the printer. You will not be able to enter the department code until you do so.

3. LastZion thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your reply. I installed the OSX drivers from the toshiba website. And the printer shows up fine in Print & Fax Sys Pref...

4. MarkCharge macrumors newbie

Solution.

Hi,

I've had this same problem for a while now and I finally figured it out. If you have installed the driver, and you can see the printer in you printers and faxes, try to print something. Click on the arrow next to the printer name, then in the menu options that expands, where it says Safari choose printer features, then choose printing modes, and you will have the option to choose "Department Code" and many other settings.

Hope this helps!
    Mark