Network problems?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by teerice11, Dec 25, 2007.

1. teerice11 macrumors newbie

o.k... so i turned the WiFi switch on my new Ipod Touch on and it received a signal from my wireless network system i use for my house.. it has a little lock icon next to it and asked for a password.. i wasnt sure wat the actual password was.. so i guessed.. but all it said was it could not find server.. there are little bars in the upper left hand corner.. and when i go to select my WiFi network, it shows the status of it and it has a little check mark next to it.. does that mean that the password was correct and that i should be connected? but when i go into safari it says " Safari can't open the page because it cannot find the server"
    i've tried reseting the ipod and router already.. i'm soo confused.. can someone pleezz help!!!

2. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

try to set the correct password.

restart the ipod and router.

3. lhein macrumors newbie

I touch Wifi problems

I need help also please!!!
    I can not get conneted to the internet with my I-touch.
    I have keyed in the correct encryption key as the password and I am now getting the radio signal singnal icon next to the iPod name on the screen, but when I go to load You Tube or safari it gives me the message "it can not find the server."

(I also have the correct IP Address, Subnet Mask, Router and DSN numbers keyed into the setting)

I have a linksys router. Do I need to take the security off the linksys? If so do you know how to do that?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

4. lpfearn macrumors newbie

might be your router

My computer did not recognize my itouch and vice versa. I found another forum with suggestions, tried about three and finally broke down and went through the hassle of upgrading the firm ware on my linksys router. It works beautifully now. It also helped me out because the internet connection to my Palm PDA was revived as well. Try the following link for more complete info: http://wiredforgadgets.com/?p=743.

By the way, when I did upgrade the router software, I also ended up with a "new" access point to the router. This meant that I also needed to re-establish connections to a couple of wireless PCs in the house and then reset the secuirty.

Be patient and good luck. I do love my itouch! :D