Network problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CJRhoades, Aug 24, 2009.

1. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

I'm having issues when trying to connect to AIM and certain web pages.

I did a fresh install of OS X 10.4 a few weeks ago and started using iChat like normal. But after a few days, it suddenly stopped working. It would just freeze after opening it. So, i downloaded AIM for mac. It worked fine for awhile but now it won't connect at all. Finally, I download adium and it too worked fine for a few days. But now, it won't connect either. I tried changing the ports it uses to connect but it didn't help.

Ontop of the AIM issues, I can't seem to go to a lot of web pages. I tried Safari 4, Firefox 3.5, and Camino, but there's just certain ones it won't go to. I can't name them all but a few are me.com, yahoo.com, my school's website, and wikipedia.

Now, today, Mail stopped working to. It just freezes as soon as I open it like iChat does and I have to force quit it. It seems like network apps are the only ones that don't work. Everything else is fine.

I have no problems connecting to AIM or going to websites on my PC running Windows 7, and both computers are connected via ethernet to the same router.

Any ideas?

2. CJRhoades thread starter macrumors 6502

3. CJRhoades thread starter macrumors 6502