Network settings after Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kyk0, Sep 1, 2009.

1. kyk0 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I am roberto, writing from Italy, first post in the forum, so greetings to you all.

I have a question, as I am considering the option of jailbreaking my iPhone.

I live in Italy and have a contract with H3G (Tre Italia) and my carrier charges me for data roaming inside my country with other carriers. They released some kind of "network settings", not sure if they go in the firmware or where they go, to make sure that when "Data Roaming" (under Settings->General->Network) is OFF, data roaming is disabled also with other national carriers.

Now, I don't know exactly how jailbreaking works, so would I lose this kind of settings?

Thanks in advance
    p.s. I don't need the SIM unlock

Bye!

2. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

It's my understanding that carrier settings can be applied at any time and 'should' be stored if you restore a backup after you jailbreak. If you do a full restore (new iPhone) you would lose such settings.

Alternatively, you should be able to call them up and request them to send the settings out to you again if you do lose then after jailbreaking. Most carries do this automatically from their webpages though.