Network settings gone?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by hgrimberg, May 12, 2013.

1. hgrimberg macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

How could it be that I cant see the network settings? There is no place in my phone where i can input the apn settings. I compare settings under Data from other iphone 5 and mine doesnt have the network settings. They are gone from where they should be.

2. hgrimberg, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013

hgrimberg thread starter macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

Network settings gone?

So i found the way to make the cellular data settings show up using APNEdit from cydia but now my apn settings constantly get erased. I write the apn address and then a couple of hours later, they are gone and I have to rewrite it. Why could that be? I also found that website from New Zealand that changes your apn profile but seems to do nothing on top of the previously installed APNEdit.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I believe this setting is either shown or not depending on the carrier settings currently downloaded to the phone. My Verizon sim, whe on the Verizon network, won't show the network settings menu. I am willing to bet if I was roaming on another carrier or inserted a foreign SIM card, the menu would be enabled. Certai. Features are disabled out of the box for certain carriers on certain devices. It's always been that way on cellphones. With Motorola phones back in the day, people were able to use seem editing in order to show or hide carrier settings or menus. I believe this is a similar circumstance.

4. hgrimberg thread starter macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

Yes, but the apn settings vanish by themselves. Weird.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Probably because like I said, your phone update its carrier settings and overwrites your current settings. What network are you on?

6. hgrimberg thread starter macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

I am on Simple Mobile that uses the T-mobile network, so I use LTE enabler from cydia to make it work.