network settings help

kobefan234

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2008
I have a time capsule network setup, and when i turn on my imac the network is very slow and the top right of the screen looks like this

so i tried to connect another network and then connect back to mine and it had full bars

why does it do this? every time i turn on my mac i have to do this process its a pain

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
That bar slows you your signal strength of your WIFI signal. I can only guess that something in your configuration is not correct. Is your Time Capsule your only WIFI hub / router, or is it part of your existing Wireless network?

kobefan234

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2008
That bar slows you your signal strength of your WIFI signal. I can only guess that something in your configuration is not correct. Is your Time Capsule your only WIFI hub / router, or is it part of your existing Wireless network?

my time capsule is downstairs and my iMac is upstairs and when I turn on my iMac it has like 2 bars it is very slow. So i try to connect to another network like a random network that i don't know then connect back to my time capsules network and its fine fine why is this?