Network Share + Fijitsu Network Scanner

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Ricky Smith, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Ricky Smith, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

Ricky Smith macrumors regular

So I've got OS X 10.7 Lion setup to share via AFP/SMB and on the Fijitsu FI6000NS (A Network Scanner) you go in and add network shares, however as usual it's forcing you to browse in the archaic Windows Sharing format. So I go to WorkGroup and see "Horizon" which is the old name of the server which for the life of me I can't get to change on this machine. However everywhere else it's reflecting the new server name.

Anyways so I click on Horizon and it asks me to authenticate however NONE of the users (network or local on the server) will work it just pops the screen back up.

So a few questions, if I was to manually enter the network share location, so say if I was on a mac I'd connect to MiniServerMain.local and authenticate and then connect to the share Network Scans.

What would be the darn windows format? //WORKGROUP/MiniServerMain/Network Scans/

Is anyone familiar with copy machines that have a network scanner built in where you connect to a windows file share over SMB?

---

Also the unit requires LDAP so a person can authenticate to work with the system, I'm new to LDAP what would one use for Search Base?

---

Lastly we'd like to send mail from this scanner to e-mail addresses, what's the simplest way to do so?

2. Ricky Smith thread starter macrumors regular