Network Share shortcut keys and mobile me, torrent app?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by vegasj76, Aug 26, 2009.

1. vegasj76 macrumors member

It's been about 14 years since I laid hands on a Mac, so bear with me. If someone can give me info about the following shortcuts, I'd be extremely greatful. I have googled and looked at the shortcuts guide on this site before posting (if I missed something, sorry).

Shortcuts:
    1. Type in UNC to a network share. In windows, I used to do "Windows + R (for run line)" and type \\servername\sharedfoldername\ and hit enter. I found my shares in the finder, but was wondering if there was a quicker way to do it.

2. Make window bigger/smaller. I realize there is now "Maximize" equivalent as found in Windows, thats fine, but is there away to make the window in focus bigger using key commands rather than dragging it?

Mobile Me:
    1. Can I pay more to get more than 20gb of iDisk space?
    2. Is it worth it when I own 1 mbp, 1 pc running win xp, and have an iPhone?
    3. If I decide just before end of trial I don't like and want to cancel, how do I do it? I.e., can I simply do it from a webpage like an accounts/billing section? Or do I need to call?

Torrent apps:
    Can anyone recommend a good torrent client?

Thanks!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Command+K

I don't think there's a keyboard shortcut for zoom (the Mac equivalent of maximize), as it isn't used as much as maximize is in Windows. Command+M is minimize and command+W is close.

You may find Apple's Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts article to be useful.

I don't believe so, no. However, Dropbox offers 50 GB of storage for $10/mo and 100 GB for $20, in addition to their free 2 GB plan. Personally, while I only use the free storage, I find their approach to be more convenient than iDisk.

Probably. I would never get Mobile Me without an iPhone, but syncing on the go is super nice. Find My iPhone sounds like it justifies the price tag right there, especially after hearing the success stories.

I believe so, yes. I don't have a subscription personally.

Transmission is my client of choice, although some people swear by µTorrent.

3. vegasj76 thread starter macrumors member