Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boogieman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
After installing Leopard I can no longer access my network storage, I have a maxtor 500 network storage hard drive that plugs directly into my router. Previously in Tiger all I had to do was hit network and bam it was there. Now in Leopard I cannot find it anywhere!! Can anyone help me out? Thanks for your help.

maxjg

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2006
After installing Leopard I can no longer access my network storage, I have a maxtor 500 network storage hard drive that plugs directly into my router. Previously in Tiger all I had to do was hit network and bam it was there. Now in Leopard I cannot find it anywhere!! Can anyone help me out? Thanks for your help.

Yeah, tons of people(including me) are having network problems in general. We can't get any computers to show up in finder. We're all, at this point, expecting a fix from Apple.

Some people, however, have been reporting that updating your router's firmware seems to help, so give that a try.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
Btw how do you change network name? It is different in 10.5. Where did they move it?

ivnj

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
Yeah, tons of people(including me) are having network problems in general. We can't get any computers to show up in finder. We're all, at this point, expecting a fix from Apple.

Some people, however, have been reporting that updating your router's firmware seems to help, so give that a try.

I found turning off the firewall solved a lot of issues also.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I found Firewall settings under Security on the Firewall tab, but can't find a general Turn Firewall On/Off. ???

boogieman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
^ DO THIS.

Firewall is blocking EVERYTHING it seems. Turn it off, sleep your Mac and rewake it.

Tried and still nothing!!! Really starting to tick me off. HATE using lindows for network access.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
Also goto system preferences and in the search thing on the top right of the window type in workgroup and it goes straight there. Somebody in the apple forums just told me. sweet.

ivnj

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.