Resolved Network users not appearing on login screen

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by JWindebank, Oct 10, 2011.

1. JWindebank, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

JWindebank macrumors newbie

Hi all. I have just started setting up Lion Server for my household however have a slight issue with allowing network users to logon to devices. If I allow usernames and passwords to be typed in manually then network users can login, however if I want to have them show up as users on the login screen it doesn't work.

Is there a way for network users to be visible on the login screen at all times please? There are only two network users in my house.

Thanks,
    Jordan

2. willfurnell macrumors member

willfurnell

I wouldn't think there is a way, as you would usually have hundreds of users in a server environment, imagine listing ALL of those people on a login screen :O it is also more secure getting people to login with their usernames too.

3. JWindebank thread starter macrumors newbie

4. rwwest7 macrumors regular

Does that solution make "network user" a choice or does it list every single network user? The latter isn't really an option in a network with 3,000 users if that's what it does

5. JWindebank thread starter macrumors newbie

Luckily I only have two network users so it is ok for me, but yes it does display all users. :)

6. mainstay macrumors 6502

mainstay

Thanks for this! That was a timely post which was something annoying me as well.