Network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ynots, Jan 11, 2009.

1. ynots macrumors member

Hi,

Need a little help here.
    The problem first come up when trying to use the remote application on my ipod touch to control my itunes on my macbook. The remote wouldnt connect, and still wont. All itunes settings seem to be as they should but still wont connect.
    Now ive tried to share my itunes library on my macbook with the imac downstairs but they wont find each other. Really cant work this out. The ipod touch, imac and mac book are all connected to the same speedtouch wirless internet connection.

Anyone got any ideas or know how to look into the firewall on the speedtouch.

All help appreciated

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Hmm. Is iTunes on the iMac configured to look for shared libraries? What if you plug an ethernet cable between the two computers?

3. ynots thread starter macrumors member

Yeah itunes is set upto look.

Havent tried to connect via a cable. The remote app on the ipod touch should still work, no reason why it shouldnt.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

5. Queso macrumors G4

If all three are connected to the Speedtouch the problem won't be with the firewall on that device. More likely is that one or both of the Macs are running their software firewalls (Security panel in System Preferences).

6. ynots thread starter macrumors member

Firewall on both macs is set to 'allow all incoming connections' and the network is set to using 'DHCP' on both machines.