Networked hard disk drive. Time Capsule?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by diegobgr, Oct 9, 2011.

1. diegobgr macrumors 6502

Hello!

I have an iMac as main computer. I also have an iPhone, iPad and iPod.

I will like to create a media center where I will store all of my media, like photos, music, movies...

I will like use it also the share those files with a multimedia player.

I don't what I should get.

I like the Time Capsule, but it's a bit expensive. But if it worth, I will go for it.

I want to use it to share photos, video and music with the iMac, iPhone, iPad and iPod. It will also have to work with the media center, maybe the Apple TV, or maybe a PS3.

Can you help me? Thanks!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. diegobgr thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I My Book Live 3 TB will be also nice.

To make it simple, I want a hard disk that can store my iTunes Libray, and share my music, photos and videos with my iOS devices.

Thanks!

4. marc11, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

marc11 macrumors 68000

You can hang a HDD off of a TimeCapsule or AEBS or if you already have a wireless router then get a NAS HDD, then move your media library from your imac to that, setting it up to Air Play. With that, you can then share your media with all your iDevices and ATV, but your iMac must be on and running for it to work. But you also just keep everything on your iMac and Air Play direct from that, you do need a wireless network in your house for this to work. I am not sure you can share your photos that way however.

In the end you need some sort of computer running OSX to act as the media server to the iDevices.