Networking: cannot access belkin.com

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dops7107, Oct 14, 2007.

1. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

This is weird, and I'm beginning to think it's some Netgear conspiracy.

We recently bought a Belkin wireless router to hook up to our current wired network, that uses a Netgear ADSL modem/router. I eventually got it to work by setting the Belkin router as an access point, disabling its firewall features. But, in the process of troubleshooting, I discovered a weird thing: I cannot access the belkin.com website. I just get a "page not available" timeout error. I'm sure the website wouldn't be down for a period of four days, and I could access it at work.

This is true on Firefox and Safari; on a Mac Mini, an Intel iMac and a Dell laptop - so it's certainly a network issue. Can anyone throw any light onto the matter? I have not discovered a single other website or application (Skype, Adium, Cyberduck) that does not work properly. Why should belkin.com not respond? What's going on - is Netgear blocking access to its competitor's websites? :eek: :confused:

EDIT: should it be relevant, we use AOL as our ISP.

2. JamesMead macrumors newbie

Similiar experience

I have a belkin wireless router and use AOL as my ISP and I cannot access belkin.com. This is the only site that is affected which is reall strange. I know that AOL supply and recommend using Netgear routers but would they really block users from accessing belkin's website?

My network adapter is also belkin so it could be more of an AOL conspiracy.