Networking help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lulla01, May 3, 2011.

1. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Hey guys I'm really stumped here. I have Fios Internet 35/35 speed. My house is around 5000 sqft and I get such a weak signal when I'm on the other side of my house. Verizon only guarantees their wifi for 10 feet( this was the most ludacris thing I've ever heard. What can I get to extend my signal. I bought another router today and connected it to the Fios actiontec router. And all that did was create another network with equally bad reception, however that network was faster than my router when you were close to it. My eventual solution to this will be to put Ethernet cables in every room but there has to en a way to get perfect reception throughout the house without it. Anyone please help!!!! Pm or post

2. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

Upgrade the antenna? Or, as a last resort, purchase another router.

3. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

I did

I did our hase another router that gave better speeds to my computers that were already fast before and didn't do anything for e further away ones exct make them slower

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

You need wireless repeaters. For example Internet wifi you need a combination of an Airport Extreme and Airport Express and extended your Extreme's base station network.

Any third party routers you NEED to research if they can extended there wireless signal to repeaters. It alls depends if the third party router manufacture supports extending.

5. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

repeaters if you cannot run cat 5/6 to other parts of your house (not optimal). If you can run ethernet to other parts of the house, access points would work best

6. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

fios

anyone have verizon bios specifically and have a certain brand of repeater/router they recommend? I would really really appreciate it

7. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01