Networking Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Hebes, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Hebes macrumors newbie

I have a brand new 15" 2.53 gHz MacBook Pro. I am currently on vacation, and the house that we rented has wireless internet. I tried to connect to the network and every time I try to connect, It keeps giving me a "connection timeout" error.

This is an unsecured network, on which every other device we have with us (an iPhone, an ipod Touch, and a Windows laptop) can all connect to without a hitch. Two days ago we were staying at a hotel, and the MacBook Pro could connect fine with their network, and it was working fine at home until I left. I ran a software update on the MacBook before we left, so it's up to date.

What's really strange is when I went to the diagnostic in the network preferences, it said that the network here required a password, which, like I said earlier, it does not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

How many different Wi-Fi signals are you getting?

3. kr26633z macrumors newbie

heya, i had this problem with my mac when i first got it last week. the problem i found was that my mac wasnt setting a DNS address properly. i cant remember where i eventually found that setting but that should sort it out. Also make sure ur IP address and router address are set correctly in network settings. i had mine on automatically choose addresses and it kept messing up so had to set my own. good luck