Networking issues with Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cavebob, Dec 30, 2007.

1. cavebob macrumors member

Hey people. I've got a MBP with leopard and im having probems seeing my network. When I first installed leopard it worked (barely) but now its no go. I havent changed any of my settings, at least not that i know of.

My setup is, 1x MBP over wireless, 1x PC over wireless, 2x PC over ethernet.

can anyone help?

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

There are some problems with networking over wireless. Do you have all the latest software updates?

3. cavebob thread starter macrumors member

yeah i do. What kind of problems? At work i have no probs, but then all the computers at work are apples.

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

How are you connecting at home? I'm assuming it is wirelessly. Same for work?

5. cavebob thread starter macrumors member

ya wireless for both. At home I have no probs jumping online, I just cant see the PCs on the nextwork.

6. cavebob thread starter macrumors member

7. Mlobo01 macrumors 6502

those looking for a linear answer....

those looking for a linear answer to you issues are not going to find it right away, all systems here are different, what works for one may not work for the other, I have been over the Apple forums and its the same thing, some have improved the net, networking and wireless connections by trying out things that affects other issues, I'm also crossing-over these issues because in a way they are related, for those that are coming in I would advise to read from the beginning of the thread, there are folks that are unnecessarily initiating new threads relating to the same problem. Unless you wait for the immense Apple OS update you may as well read these forums, you may find the solution in these pages.

8. Mlobo01 macrumors 6502

One more thing...

So I have managed to maintain a stable connection by going into the router's settings and selecting one channel instead of automatic and selecting mixed mode instead of Wireless G. It has been stable and connects after sleep or any shutdowns.

9. cavebob thread starter macrumors member

Oooo.. ill have to check out my router then to see if i have similar settings in place.

10. Mlobo01 macrumors 6502

what i have is a...

D-link Di-524 wireless 2.4 gz 802.11g, one thing I do remember from Tiger's own wireless issues was that at one time cordless phones where causing drop- outs, some fixed the issue by changing their phone to wired ones, but so far its been rock-steady.