Networking Leopard and XP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by illegalprelude, Nov 6, 2007.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Hey there guys and gals. I have a question.

When I had Tiger, I always had a network between my PC's and Mac. I had my Custom PC, My Vaio Laptop and Desktop on a network. I also then had my Mac too.

The mac could always get the shared folder and no worries. With little playing around, I got Leopard to do the same but then it came to me, my Mac can see my PC, but my PC can never see my mac.

So I went under the sharring folder and started to tinker away. After a while of setting up the share folder and such and then going in XP Pro, telling it to also look for Workgroups, lone be hold, there is my mac. One problem.

EVERY Folder is there. I mean hell, my PC can see my iDisk and my iPod and go delete stuff in it....

Under sharing, I have removed all 3 users names and just have "Drop Box" but my PC still sees all my folders...

any hints on what im doing wrong?

2. Smoke macrumors newbie

Where you playing around with chmod and terminal at all?

All that should have been needed was to turn the Windows File Sharing service on, then go to your firewall (Now under Security in system prefs) and enable the Windows File Sharing there.

Aside from that i really dont know why you can see all files, try running disk utility to repair your permissions.

Hope this helps.
    ~Smokey