Networking question...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mvmanolov, Feb 2, 2014.

1. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I use TP-Link hardware all the time in OS X and iOS environments. Never had an issue at all. That being said, I have never used this particular router.

In a network I run, we have Apple hardware for the wireless and then TP-Link, TrendNet, and Cisco for the wired. Sadly the wired is rather fragmented amongst brands, but I have had no issues with it.

3. mvmanolov thread starter macrumors 6502a

so, for me this is a small home network thing, and i wanted to see if people are using this product as VPN box and load balancing and who the FW on it is. What size is your net and what products do you use for those purposes?

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The network that our TP-Link serves is about 75 clients. It has exceeded expectations and never peaks more than 40% CPU usage. We do not use the VPN functions however. The switches are Dell and Ciscos, and unfortunately are not being managed. I am working on that though.

Our wireless is a network of one AirPort Extreme and eight Expresses. They serve about 80 clients, and the Extreme handles all traffic, as well as provides filtering. PM me if you need any more information!

5. mvmanolov thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you!

Now can anyone comment on the above particular equipment?