networking question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacBH928, Jun 21, 2008.

1. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

I do not know where to post this , so i figured in community discussion is safest

but its a networking question...I got two dsl modems. D-link -604 and eicon Diva Adsl.

I use the first as it is wirelss. The other was replaced by the d-link.
    The thing is, When I log on using d-link. MSN messenger wont connect.
    When I use the eicon, it would connect. I do not understand why this happens?!

the only thing I do is switch wires. I also sometime feel I get better response, I have been loging into youtube lately and find that some videos say they are unavailable , when I use the diva adsl I get better chances of the same video working(its there I dont know why I get the "not available" notice).

At the same time, I find the d-link faster in browsing the web than the diva adsl. Can any one give me logical explaination please?

2. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

I don't claim to be an expert on modems, but I have noticed my MSN not connecting for strange reasons. This happens on all my Macs, but not Windows.

I tried going into my modem via the web interface, and clicking "apply" on the firewall rules (without changing anything). This lets me connect to MSN, don't know why. Perhaps you could try doing a hardware reset on your modem (usually you hold a small button on the modem whilst you turn it in - check your user manual though).

That might help.

3. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68020

MacBH928

thanx for your input
    but i dont think this is it, because i tried to disconnect, reset, its no use

Plus i never set a firewall in the first place?
    Can it be becaue of DNS number?

we had an opposite thing where one account on the mac would connect but the other wont.