Networking Woes. . . .:(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dannewell15, Sep 29, 2007.

1. dannewell15 macrumors regular

OK. I have been having serious issues with the network in my house. I will start with run down of the hardware.

-Airport Extreme
    -Netgear DG834G v2
    -Belkin USB hub
    -Acer PC
    -Dell PC
    -Macbook
    -HP deskjet 9800
    -HP photosmart 7960

Ok. before I got the airport extreme base station I could connect my netgear box directly to the wall for broadband and all three computers could surf the net wirelessly. Now we got Airport so we could share printers but I haven't been able to configure it right. We don't have a Modem b/c we didn't need one before and I assumed wouldn't now. Is there a way in which I can use what I already have to make all of the computers have wireless printing and internet? please help! :)

2. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Firstly, plug a network cable from the Netgear thing into the Airport Extreme. This will allow everything to talk to one another. The only issue you have now is installing the printer drivers on all the PC's. I think that using apple's bonjour software for WIndows will sort it all out. on the mac all you need to do is click print and then select the printer from the bonjour menu under the selected printer box.

Lets hope that helps.