Never again will i preorder...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jwillpresents, Jun 22, 2010.

1. jwillpresents macrumors member

At least from ATT that is. I'd rather wake up early/not go to sleep and face the hordes rather than have this level of uncertainty with ATT and these ignorant Fed Ex tracking numbers.

2. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

3. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I have learned from my 3G preorder. Pre order from ATT = Failed (but not all.) To be sure, get it from Apple. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

4. fuzion macrumors 6502

What's the problem?

5. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

Just go Hulk Face Smash some old lady in an AT&T store. It will make you feel LOADS better, trust me!

6. jwillpresents thread starter macrumors member

Im one of the people who ordered from an AT&T site. Literally the first person on the 15th and i have this bogus tracking number and no shipping e-mail confirmation.

7. circusbass macrumors regular

I just trust Apple waaaay more. It makes sense...preorder an apple product from apple. AT&T is just a glorified middleman.

8. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

Prove it.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Apparently it's AT&T's fault that FedEx hasn't updated their tracking system.

10. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

you have a tracking number and are complaining? You dont deserve a phone.

Maybe yours will ship defective and then you can blame someone in china. Don't be ungrateful.

11. ZPAMG macrumors member

Plus 1 - I will never order a thing from ATT again...premier has no clue what is going on.

12. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Seriously. SO many would love to be in your shoes w/ a tracking number. Shut up.

13. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Trust ? HA!

I ordered on the 15th and received an email at 3AM that my order was cancelled. AFTER Apple took $199 from my credit card.

14. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

I've always been happy with AT&T so far, they kind of pissed me off today. The store called me saying not to come in till they notify me my preorder is in. Then I called back to ask if the are selling any without preorders, they said yes. They should meet all preorders before selling any over the counter. Just my two cents worth.:(

15. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

LITERALLY the first person?

Have you called AT&T? I'd make sure everything is cool with my order before throwing them under the bus.

How is the tracking number bogus?

16. fuzion macrumors 6502

The only email AT&T sent me was on June 15th at 9:27 AM saying thanks for the order.. but last night my order went off back order, this morning I saw a tracking number that didn't work at first, and now it works.

If you see a tracking number you're going to get your phone. I guarantee it.*

(* Guarantee limited to "oh that sucks" if phone does not arrive by 6/24; Cannot be used for monetary gain.)

17. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

my ATT preorder is going fine. besides the delays the day i ordered i got an email today with my tracking number and everything it says my phone will be delivered tomorrow

18. IndianGuy macrumors regular

IndianGuy

Well thinking same I ordered from apple and did they **** it up! Now situation is you have to wait at least 30 mins to talk to apple customer support vs max 4 mins at AT&T

Plus apple blames on AT&T and AT&T says they have no visibility on apple orders - if I had ordered from AT&T she could have looked up all together in one view

19. jwillpresents thread starter macrumors member

You fool, whats the point of having a tracking number if i potentially won't get it until after retail release based upon the fact it (the tracking #) leads to nothing. Hell, I waited outside two years ago to get my 3G and would do it again had i of known I might be late getting it.

20. tknice macrumors member

Apple's site was slammed on the 15th around 6am EST... nothing but OOPS.

I ordered two from AT&Ts site at 6:08am and 6:15am. Got my shipping confirmation yesterday and FedEx tracking today. Both phone tracking infos say Estimated delivery Jun 23, 2010 by 3:00 PM.

That doesn't sound like AT&T sucks to me.

21. spevin macrumors newbie

dont know why this guy is crying...i ordered from at&ts site at 7am central time cause apples was down at the time. i got through without a single problem. got my tracking number last night. updated this morning says it will be here tomorrow by 3pm.

-happy customer!

22. jwillpresents thread starter macrumors member

Firstly im not crying, You want a cookie for having a working tracking number? My whole reasoning is i don't have a working tracking number Sherlock.

23. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I tried buying my iPhone 3G two years ago from an AT&T store, after waiting in line for 4 hours and getting to the front of the line, they then decide to tell us they sold out of the model I wanted. Promised myself I would never buy an iPhone from an AT&T. You made the right decision.

24. 8mpg macrumors regular

I dont think I will ever preorder another Apple product. I was let down by Radio Shack, Apple servers took a crap, ATT servers took a crap, and now my 2 reservations at Best Buy are not looking good.

Im really debating to give Apple/ATT the finger and switch over to the EVO after all this mess. No one has a clue waht is going on...

25. JonB3Z macrumors 6502

My AT&T invoice said shipping by "FedEx OVERNIGHT." The email I received from AT&T this morning with the tracking number said:

Putting those two things together suggests that AT&T is holding the phone in the warehouse until tomorrow (6/23), then shipping it via overnight service.

Why would they do that? Because it ensures that nobody will get it a day early.