never ending screen of death problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by swainclubber, Aug 8, 2009.

1. swainclubber macrumors newbie

whilst on holiday i downloaded a bad app that always crashed and i ended up with the apple logo problem where it only shows the logo.so when i returned from holiday i did an official apple restore from itunes, and then i then i jailbroke it and it worked until i turned it off.then it did it again, it wouldnt turn on.it reboots ok on an official reboot from a cydia install for example.i have reflashed it 5 times but this always happens on power up.is there a deeper way to wipe it to prevent this happening?

many thanks in advance

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I would do a DFU Restore, and then make sure to set up it as a new phone, don't restore from a backup.

3. swainclubber thread starter macrumors newbie

how do i set up as new please, i keep doing restore from a firmware file downloaded yesterday via itunes

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Once the phone is completely restored, and you have it plugged into iTunes for the first time, It will ask if you want to want to restore from a "previous backup" or to "set up as new phone" you want to set it up as a new phone to help prevent any possible problems.

5. swainclubber thread starter macrumors newbie

cheers mate, can i do that after the jailbreak as i dont have the sim to activate prior

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

I hope it works for you, and solves that annoying problem. :eek:

7. swainclubber thread starter macrumors newbie

has it been known to be this regular before, ps i edited my above question!

thanks again for your time

8. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

When you jailbreak it, it will be "hacktivated" upon reboot, so you only need the sim of your choice. Once it is fully jailbroken you can get it set up normally through iTunes.