Never had this pop-up before?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peter Franks, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

This came up on each page I clicked online banking. Is this the bank or me?

Anyone had this before telling you there was a delay of 5 seconds, like you need to know?? You're sitting there. Why is it telling me that?

It's probably nothing but it just looked very dodgy to me when it came up because I've waited far longer for pages to load and they've never brought it up before....

[​IMG]

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I've never seen that. Even at work on my PC. I'm with the halifax and there warnings are "we are going to log you off". These are also web based within the browser.

I also use Safari.

3. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

It's just the website that's doing that. Some websites will create dialog boxes (For instance, if you go on Verizon Wireless's webpage, then go browse on another site for a while, after 15 minutes it'll pop up a message saying it's going to end the session on the website unless you click OK).

No need to worry.

4. simsaladimbamba

It is an add using some kind of script to use the Mac OS X GUI.

Can the part titled "Why am I being redirected to other sites?" help you?
    Mac Virus/Malware Info by GGJstudios
    There are currently no viruses for Mac OS X in public circulation, only a handful of trojans and other malware, which have to be installed manually via entering the administrator password.
    The only anti-virus you need to protect your Mac is education and common sense.

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks all for your very quick replies.

So why would it tell me that using the Mac script, it could have been anything and I go on there every day to that site and never had that in 10 months of Mac. V strange... that is why I thought somehow 3rd party
    I've had the end session pop ups, and are you sure you want to log out pop ups, but never that