never knew you could get a AppleCare refund????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cybergypsy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

just found out you can get a refund on Apple care if its on you mac, if you decide to sell it, when did they start doing that...

2. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

didn't know about that...
    I like the idea though...so if I ever decided to sell my macbook I can get a refund and register my (new hypothetically purchased) macbook pro by spending the extra bucks?

3. emac82 macrumors 6502

You won't necessarily get a full refund. They will refund you for the unused portion.

4. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

They are sending me a pro rated check to the registered address.... If i did not live in Fla I could have gotten a free on for my macbook....

I had it less then 2 months OK by me :)

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Yeah, I was offered that option when I had my computer replaced under warranty. Problem was, I'd bought AppleCare about 2 weeks prior, but the prorated refund was based on the original warranty date a year earlier. I would've had to pay an extra $60 to repurchase it for my new machine, which I thought was a bit absurd. I just transferred it instead, so I had a year less AppleCare than I would've had if I'd waited, but I don't expect problems.

jW

6. emac82 macrumors 6502

It would have been definitely worth it to pay the extra $60

7. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Yeah, $60 bucks for two additional years of apple care (it's three years total, right?) if it costs, what, $350 or so bucks for three years - over $100 a year - then $30 a year is a pretty huge savings.

8. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I agree...with notebooks you never know when the next hardware problem is around the corner...

9. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I never heard of this before, always thought it stayed with the product....just wanted to share :)

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Any product service contract (commonly referred to as extended warranties) offer a pro rated refund. In fact, it is mandated in about 23 states. Some states allow claims paid to be deducted from the refund amount, some don't.