Never lose headphone jack!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gman901, Aug 14, 2016.

1. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I certainly hope future versions of the rMB do not lose the headphone jack. I can tell you that bluetooth really sucks on the MacBook. I installed Bootcamp on the 2016 version of the rMB and updated to the latest Anniversary edition of Windows 10. Just as I expected, Bluetooth through normal headsets is really shoddy at best. I am using the Plantronics Backbeat Fit (which I would think is a pretty good brand for stereo BT). It constantly disconnects and reconnects. I think bluetooth is really unstable - I don't know if it's the MacBook drivers or the headset, but I have never had great success with having a stable bluetooth connection with my systems.

2. caelius macrumors 6502

caelius

Hm. When running Sierra, I don't have any issues at all with my wireless Momentums. No disconnects, no stutters and no problems with audio quality. Must be Windows and/or your headphones then?

But I agress - ditching the headphone jack wouldn't be that great. Don't think it'll happen anytime soon, though.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Y'all are assuming that there wouldn't be any sort of hardware adapter allowing you to still use wired headphones.

We'll see what time brings. I doubt you'll need to worry about anything for a while.

Personally, I never use the headphone jack on my rMB. It is a total waste for me. I typically use my phone most of the time anyway, whether wired or bluetooth. I suppose that I rarely watch any videos and never on the laptop screen may have something to do with that.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yup, dongles, which is a pain, but at least it allows you to use the headphones.

5. thisMRguy macrumors member

There will be bluetooth issues, just as there are wifi issues with OSX.

6. gman901 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does it matter if I have 2 devices connected to BT at the same time? Wondering if that may be causing instability?

7. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I have AirPods and the bt connection is very stable with all my Apple devices including an older MBP.

8. liftedpsd2010 macrumors member

Why is the dongle such an issue? I just have the dongle plugged into my headphones and leave it like that. I don’t even notice it on there.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Because when I'm in the office wanting to listen to my music, I cannot because the iPhone is charging up

10. liftedpsd2010 macrumors member

Use a wireless charger. That’s what I do in office.

11. Kierikka macrumors member

Kierikka

I do not use the headphone jack alot and for me they could change it for a another usb-c port.