Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkMissoula

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Everybody pre-ordering the six is doing so contractually, unless your t-mob.
How long does it usually take apple to sell the unlocks. #hatecontracts

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011

I don't know about AT&T but the new Edge plan under Verizon isn't a contract and you can buy a phone not using the Edge plan if you want with Verizon. It makes sense financially to do so though (0% APR).

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
Not everybody. Apple was only selling the unlocked phones through the Apple store here in Canada.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The NEXT plan is only a financing plan, not a contract renewal. Right?

MSK5959

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I have always bought the phone up front. No issues, I can choose who I want to have my contract with, and I've always been able to resale without a problem. I keep my phone in an otterbox because of my work environment, and it keeps it looking like the day I bought it.

MarkMissoula

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Did you ever realize that hashtags dont work here?

Sure they do.:p

----------

I have always bought the phone up front. No issues, I can choose who I want to have my contract with, and I've always been able to resale without a problem. I keep my phone in an otterbox because of my work environment, and it keeps it looking like the day I bought it.

You mean unlocked, which right now you cant.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA

There is another thing you have not realized! There are already quite a few threads on "unlocked" iPhone 6/6+.

Oh yeah: #redundant-thread ;)

vitacura

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2014
So preorder it now on contract and when you get it pay the ETF?
How much do you lose that way?

I think with AT&T the ETF is $325 minus $10 per month of contract completed. Add the cost of the phone and the activation fee, possibly the first month of service.

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
I had a friend buy a unlocked att through the apple store app because he wasn't eligible for next or upgrade and it was offered off of contract to him.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
Everybody in the US pre-ordering the six is doing so contractually, unless your t-mob.

FTFY. Us Europeans get them unlocked. I don't think they even sell locked iPhones here at all anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.