Never receive iCloud verification emails

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by dmutpuu, Oct 13, 2011.

1. dmutpuu macrumors newbie

I am having this problem with with my iPhone 4 / iMac / MacBook Pro. iCloud preference wants to verify my email and it says it sent me verification email, but I never receive it. Tried at least a dozen times on each of devices - started yesterday night and it's already past 4 PM next day - problem not fixed. Quite frustrating...

2. tegedrex macrumors member

3. iStrat macrumors member

The same thing happened to me at first. I think it had to do with which Apple ID I was trying to use with iCloud. I tried a different Apple ID I had, and it worked immediately. The one that worked was an @me account I had for find my iPhone or a MobileMe trial or something. So now, my iCloud stuff is on the @me account and my iTunes is on a different account (the one that didn't work with iCoud). It seems to work fine. Hopefully Apple will eventually let me merge the 2 accounts.

4. tegedrex macrumors member

Found something that worked from me posted a few days ago, I just tried it, and sure enough...

"In my case the problem was that apparently Apple's code doesn't handle the following scenario:

I have an apple ID that is my primary account where I purchase everything
    I had another apple ID that I didnt know about, and that account's user ID is equal to my primary email address.

When I set up icloud Apple told me I had to switch to using an email as my user ID. So naturally I used my primary email address. But I would never receive the email verification email since that email was already being used in my other account.

Solution: Went to appleid.apple.com and logged into my apple account that had previously used my primary email, and changed that account's email address (and user ID). I use google email, and with gmail, john.doe@gmail.com and johndoe@gmail.com and john.doe@googlemail.com all resolve as the same address.

Then I was able to change the email associated with my primary apple ID (where I purchase everything) to my desired email (my primary email) and then I was finally able to verify the email address for this apple account. Then I clicked "make my userid and email address the same" or whatnot, and finished the process.

Whew..."

User name was Samssf

5. dmutpuu thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, tegedrex

My problem was also related to the fact that my email address was associated with another apple ID that I had long time ago with my MobileMe trial. The most annoying part is that it gives you no feedback / hints / etc about what the problem might be, so you keep waiting and waiting...