Never thought i'd ask this...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Graphics337, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Graphics337 macrumors newbie

Yeah, so I hate to ask this, because i hate to have it plaguing the Leopard here, but I am in a real need of internet explorer and cannot find it anywhere. I know it sucks, i am a strict firefoxer, but i need IE to check to make sure graphics come up on the browser alot of people prefer (for what ever reason) So ANY information on IE's where abouts would be great.

***Before you say google it, I did, i clicked where it said In....rer for OSX and i got routed to microterds office promo page. so thanks in advance to the cool guy who helps me out.
    :apple:

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

IIRC, IE for Mac OS was discontinued a few years back. I don't think you can get it now without Windows.

If you don't have easy access to a Windows machine, ask a friend to check the site for you, or use Bootcamp. :eek:

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

MacIE was way worse than Windows IE. Trying to get a webpage looking right in MacIE would make you a masochist, and wouldn't necessarily mean it displayed right in other browsers. You really need to run Parallels or VMWare to test that kind of stuff.

4. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Don't bother with Mac IE - it was fairly useless even back when it was still current. It also rendered pages very differently to the Windows version of IE (I remember having to test against IE Mac AND IE Windows back in the day)

If you need to test websites against IE and are running an Intel Mac, the simplest solution is to run it under Darwine. There's a pre-packaged setup that will do all the hard work for you

Check out IEs4OSX and follow the simple instructions from here

5. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Yeah, IE 5 renders a lot differently then the windows versions. Best bet is to run it in virtualization or darwine.

6. hk8899 macrumors newbie

MAC IE was not a good program to use. I still have an old copy and never use it. I would just get a friend with a windows machine to help you or use virtual pc/bootcamp;)

7. hk8899 macrumors newbie

If you need to use IE I would get a copy of windows and use bootcamp and use a windows browser.

8. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Thats making the assumption he has an MacIntel, not to mention not the easiest/quickest of solutions.

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

Can't you enable the Debug menu in Safari? Quit Safari, go to Terminal and enter:

defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

Launch Safari and go to Debug > User Agent > [select agent] to simulate.

I know it's not a perfect solution, but may work for your needs.

10. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

11. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

Nobody uses it, if you want to see how IE renders it you can use Internet exploror under WINE