Never thought I'd be happy about the weather channel

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by boomhower, Jan 29, 2014.

1. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

DirecTV and TWC apparently went through a spat and it got dropped. The replacement leaves a little to be desired. I then remembered it was on the aTV. Usually don't watch weather but with big storm that's come through had me a little more interested than usual.

2. GarrettL1979 macrumors 6502

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

4. boomhower thread starter macrumors 68000

boomhower

That it sucks you have to have service with certain providers to access it. I have DirecTV and apparently they don't play nice together so I can't watch it.

5. praterkeith macrumors regular

praterkeith

I use the ESPN channel and love it. You do have to have service with an affiliated provider, or if you have a friend that has service and is willing to give you their password which is what I do. You have access to all of the ESPN channels and if you're into college basketball or football then it's great during the fall.

6. profets macrumors 68040

Do you mind sharing what exactly you get included with it? I have a property with Comcast for TV, just thought recently about using that to get access to ESPN on the Apple TV. I saw them mention live TV. Do you actually get live streams of NFL and stuff like that?

7. praterkeith macrumors regular

praterkeith

Yes, you actually get the real broadcasted ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, ESPN U, ESPN NEWS, and ESPN Deportes. On ESPN 3, and U there might be more than one broadcast at any given time, maybe a half dozen at once during football/basketball season. As far as NFL, if its on ESPN, then you're covered. It's been a great experience. Very well done.

8. profets macrumors 68040

Thanks for that - I finally got around to configuring it on an Apple TV (I'm in Canada and configured a VPN), but I do have a property in the US with a comcast account so it worked out.

I'm very impressed with how nicely it works. Can't believe I can watch live sports on the Apple TV like this.