Never thought I'd say this but... AT&T: You win.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apb509, Jul 10, 2008.

1. apb509 macrumors member

I, who have been all for counter-screwing AT&T with the iPhone before 7/11 loopholes, have come to terms with the $399 pricing. It's not worth trying to activate an iPhone on my acct. only to screw over my friend who gave me his IMEI number.

It's $200 more and I make that in a matter of two days... perhaps those of us who were so eager to "beat the system" should finally concede to the whims of corporate America and moreover the relative monopoly AT&T seems to have on the tech-savvy iPhone obsessers.

AT&T... I bow to you. Take my extra $200 despite telling me I would not be penalized for switching to AT&T back in April and buying a refurb Curve. You are the victor this time, but perhaps, just maybe, I will reign victorious in the future. I will see you tomorrow at some point, but thereafter I bid you adieu until we meet again.. and/or when you release the next amazing iPhone.

With great bitterness and defeat,

AnotheriPhoneObsesser

2. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

You could always hold off. Att isnt holding a gun to your back and saying "buy now!!!" Or are they?

3. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

4. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

well i was out to go through the loop but i decided instead to just forget them all together and am going to unlock an "old" iphone and use my subsidy "discount" next year on the NEW iphone haha

5. c.joe.go macrumors regular

c.joe.go

at&t, you had me at "5 year exclusive contract to carry the iPhone." i thought we had a fine relationship, you would give me extra minutes when i was "good", you provided me with free m2m, nights, and weekends too. you even changed the stupid orange man into a very attractive globe.

i trusted you.

then you had to do this. what a f*#@'n tease. $199, $299 seemed too good to be true; and it was.

i wrestle with the fact that i have had 4 calls to customer service in two days, a friend with a duplicate imei, and a wife that laughs at my failed attempts to hold the greatest phone of the moment in my hands.

at&t, i hate you so much. my blackberry hates you too, it now has to live with knowledge of my disappointment for the next 6 months.

if only i was "upgrade eligible", oh the fun we could have. till then. sod off.

6. drb6 macrumors regular

hahaha nice. well once you get the iphone in your hands, I doubt you'll be thinking about the additional $200

I'm still loathe to plunge in, but will probably give in once all the user reviews come in saying the battery life is bearable and app store's glory is seen