Never too old to make the switch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kevingaffney, Sep 26, 2009.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

After nearly twenty years of using pc's only at home and for work, I've finally got my macbook pro up and running. Would have to say my addiction to the iphone since the 3g launch, has been the main reason for my interest in Apple stuff. I'm loving this thing and the best thing, is because I'm involved in graphics, I get to use this thing about ten hours a day. Once again, well done Apple for another great product

2. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

same here. I got the 3G and within a year got a MBP. Welcome!

3. m0no macrumors regular

I, too, got my first macbook within the past year--a past Christmas present to myself. :)

The only other Apple products I had before were the ipods and then a 3G. The ipod and iphone have been great products for Apple to get their hooks into future mac users and their wallets :D

4. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

So question for you, being a user for "twenty years" you must have encounted millions of viruses and got BSOD just by sneezing by your machine right? :D what about your job requires you to spend 10 hours day on your iphone, because i would like to apply for a job there!

5. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Got an iPod Touch December 07, MacBook Jan 08. Quickest and easiest decision ever. :)

6. m0no macrumors regular

I think he meant spend 10hrs a day on his new macbook :D

7. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I wonder what is more powerful: the iPhone halo effect or the iPod halo effect!

8. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

My ten hour job is as a result of being self employed within the graphics industry. Still one of the perks is being able to buy a macbook pro and make it pay it's way as well as the fun factor. Have to say I only had about four virus issues in my years of pc use and that was in the earlier days. Mind you it cost a lot through the years in anti virus products to stay on top of the viruses.
    I just wonder how many new customers worldwide, have Apple secured because of their introduction to iphones or ipods. I have two friends who have already made the switch for the same reasons. I certainly wouldn't have but am very happy I did.

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

I used to go nuts trying to keep up with anti virus updates for my PCs. When I was working, corporate would update the anti-virus automatically and they had a sophisticated system in place to watch incoming traffic. My home PCs finally drove me to an ibook G4, and after that I junked the windows PC. My wife still has a desktop running win2K, but I have it locked down and she's never had a virus, but she's very careful about what she does.

I just hated having to pay annual fees for anti-virus and then having to run frequent updates to everything to stay safe.