Never used Garageband, need to mix two tracks like NOW

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by California, Dec 24, 2010.

1. California macrumors 68040

California

HELP

I need to mix two tracks together, one a voice track one a instrumental track together and everytime I hit record, it tells me I can't.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

Here is the screen shot... didn't know where to post...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1069048

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Is that why you posted the same thing twice?

3. California thread starter macrumors 68040

California

No, this needs to be done like now for broadcast! Thanks for your other answer but I need the volume to go up and down on the music and don't know how to lay down that track over the other voice track.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Just remember your emergency is not necessarily anyone else's emergency.

5. California thread starter macrumors 68040

California

You know, I give advice freely as I know what it is on this site. But I will say whenever I have a question and I get answers like yours, I feel like a sucker for being so thoughtful to people. Merry Christmas.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Free advice is great, I think it's one of the main ideas behind MR. My point in what I said was that the wording of your threads, implies that others must jump through your hoops right this instant because you need it. Maybe I'm the only one, but it bothers me to see folks who put the emphasis on "I need help NOW! I feel like it's 20 years ago when my dad was telling me to do something right now. That of course had to be done right then!

I think a thread for assistance would get the same response from other MR members if it didn't have the 'I need it NOW" emphasis.

I could have easily let your thread scroll on down through the forum spy and not care about it, but I felt I could assist, so I tried.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but to put things in context.

EDIT: I work at a 9-1-1 emergency dispatch center and an emergency to me is life, limb or eyesight. So I suppose my view of an emergency is a bit skewed.