Never woken up from standby

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HerrOh, Apr 30, 2009.

1. HerrOh macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

Got a big problem, when i was working on my master thesis document, i closed my macbook(physically with display down). He goes into standby. But when i opened it again, he didn't woke up. Pressed every keys, touched the touchpad, nothing happened. Then i hard rebooted, nothing happened, only the fan started making extreme loud noise. So i did a hard shut down, disconnected everything(powersupply, battery,usbstick,etc etc). Inserted the battery and the powersupply again and booted. My screen lit up, :apple:logo appeared, and the cicle(busy icon of the mouse) but it didn't rotate. Also the fan started making the loud noise again.

Can anybody please help me, i need to give my thesis document next friday to my school... it's very important...

Thank you very much

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Try SMC/PRAM reset. You might want to boot off the install disc and run disk utility.

3. Ol3s macrumors regular

Ol3s

Wow, well not much can be said. Leave it for a couple of days shut down (that solved most of my problems on my pc, but then again it was a pc)

4. HerrOh thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi iLog.Genius,
    Thank you for your quick response.
    Where do i find the SMC/PRAM ?

Kind Regards,
    Herr

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

To reset SMC:
    - disconnect AC adpater and remove battery
    - press and hold power button for 5 sec

OR

with the battery in and AC adapter connected, press shift-control-option (on the left side of keyboard) and power wait 5 sec and then power up

To reset PRAM

turn computer on and press and hold command-option-p-r until you hear 3 startup chimes, after the 3rd chime, you may release.

6. HerrOh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks ilog, but now I even don't get the gray screen anymore... only loud fan noise:confused::confused::confused:

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Get applecare on the phone, if you have it. Or, get thee to an apple store.