Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaoticbear

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I'm in the cave right after the plague cure is made and Desther steals it. I've found the room that he's in, but I don't know where I can go to get healing potions. The kid downstairs only has Lesser Healing ones, and that's basically useless to me. And the Recall Stone is disabled once I go into the room, so I can't just hackhackhackhack*recall*resthackhackhack my way through it.

chaoticbear

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I just realized that I never tried leaving the temple and going back to the city core. I'm on my iPhone right now but I'll have to try when I get back on the game in a couple of hours.

Sorkvild

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2007
Once you follow Desther through the portal you can't go back to Neverwinter, and once you enter the top floor of Helm's Hold where Desther is you can't leave. :-( Search every room and chest before facing him, I seem to remember there were healing items for that exact reason. Good luck!

chaoticbear

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
As it turns out, you don't have to kill him. I had lost the rogue that was with me, and wasn't making any headway, so I actually just let him kill me so I could warp back in the other portal, buy what potions I could from the kid, and try again with my henchman now that all of the other enemies were dead.

Not even 30 seconds later (I think his status still said "Barely Injured"), he gave up. Ugh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.