New 10.5 iPad itunes sync issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by theobserver, Jun 13, 2017.

1. theobserver macrumors newbie

Just got my 10.5. First iPad since the iPad 4. Great device but i'm having an issue syncing with itunes.

Setup:
    Windows 10
    Itunes 12.6.1.25 (latest according to the update tool)
    IPad 10.5

I'm trying to sync music/books/apps/podcasts.

When I hit sync it goes through the motions very quickly (<10 seconds) but it appears to finish all successfully.
    • preparing to sync
    • Determining tracks to sync
    • Waiting for changes to be applied
    • finish
    and then nothing, it doesn't actually sync the books or music. When I tried the first time it synced the apps and podcasts no problem and if I add a new app it will sync that fine. For some reason it doesn't want to sync music or books. When I press sync the GB free down the bottom decreases to the correct amount if the music/books were to transfer, once it's finished running through the motions of the syncing process this jumps back up to it's original value. There's about 50GB of music & books total.

Syncing all of these is fine with my iphone from the same computer. I've tried both wirelessly and usb syncing. I've entered my apple account correctly on both the ipad and PC. I have rebooted both devices and the iPad came with the latest iOS version. I've run the syncing and connecting diagnostics under the help menu and it all came back ok.

Anyone had the same issue or know what may be causing this. Is reinstalling itunes worth a shot? Will this nuke my itunes music library?

2. rufas2000 macrumors member

rufas2000

When I've had this issue with my iDevices turning off "iCloud Music Library" on the iDevice was the fix.

Other than that don't know. Hope it works out.

3. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Reinstalling iTunes would not nuke your library. But for the safety sake, before reinstalling, backup the entire library folder, including everything inside, to a safer place.

If I were you, I would erase the iTunes library on device and retry. I don’t know if your issue is the similar but I use third party software such as iExplorer to nuke device iTunes library and sync again.